Thursday, July 19, 2007

Hair Woes!

Our usual nightime routine of bath, jammies, tooth brushing, and hair combing was all done for the night, and I was so excited to get the kids to bed, but I guess Adyson had other plans. She loves to comb her hiar and apparently had taken the comb from me after I had combed her hair. I was just cleaning up the house when she walked into the room with the comb wound all the way to her scalp like a curler would be, and she said "Look mom, I'm a fancy girl." She thought she looked so cute and so dressed up-but I thought differently. Instantly I went into panic mode. This was a lot of hair and it was wound around the comb about a million times. So I went to work, and just tugged and pulled and tugged and pulled. I got it to move a few inches away from the scalp, but no where near out of her hair. Travis was over at Cody's house helping him with their yard, so I called my mom. She came over and we put about a gallon of condtioner in her hair and tried some more. We made a little more headway before Travis got home. When he came home he had the brilliant idea to try and cut the comb, and so we tried that. After I'd say about 2 hours of hair pulling, comb cutting, conditioner wasting and Adyson getting awfully bored, we got it out! I told her today that she is not aloud to use combs in her hair anymore! Here are some pictures of our little adventure! I thought for sure we were going to have to chop her beautiful hair off.

1 comment:

Trisha said...

You look pretty tired! Always an adventure with Ady!