Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Day 6 {San Diego Zoo}

Travis really wanted to get us to the San Diego Zoo while we were there, and I have to admit, I wasn't super excited about it. I pictured a crowded, super hot, super annoying day ahead. But the zoo was the complete opposite of that. The weather was perfect, making the animals active and ready to put on a show for the ladies. There weren't any crowds and at times we were all alone and just enjoying being outside in the beautiful fresh air. (Remember fresh air?)

As usual Travis was right.
He's always right. When will I learn?
The ladies checking out the tiger pacing right in front of them. Very cool. The Panda bears were just amazing to see! They are beautiful.
The ladies shared a rented double stroller while we were there and spent a good amount of time singing Hannah Montana songs (and occasionally Taylor Swift) at the top of their lungs. We had a lot of people comment on their singing skills...
Here they are eating the most expensive, worst quality lunch ever made. Just thinking about it makes my stomach ache a bit. The kimodo Dragon. I never knew there was such a thing! These things can take down water buffalo for dinner...crazy.

Our little family.
After the zoo we ate dinner at a restaurant called El Indio (featured on Diners, drive-inns, and dives), thanks to my friend Candace for the suggestion. Delish. Then we headed to Sea port village to browse the shops and let the kiddos ride the carousel. They had such a wonderful day.
At the end of the day a quick bath to get off all the grime, and mom, dad, and grandma were pooped. The ladies though? They still had enough energy to put on a little rock concert for us. Seriously, I need a little bit of their energy!
Tomorrow? Sea World.

6 comments:

KIRSTEN said...

I love love love the San Diego Zoo! I think my favorite is the koala bears. Surprised me how hilly the park it. I can't wait to see Sea World ... I have yet to visit

KIRSTEN said...

P.S. We are hoping that by next year San Diego will be our stomping ground ... so so excited!

The Wolfley Family said...

That last picture of your girls just has me rolling on the floor! Such rockers!

Brittney said...

I just don't think I can read tomorrow's post. My jealousy has me almost comatose. SO FUN! You are one hot mama, btw.

Trisha said...

I love your family shot...so darling.

Melissa Hernandez said...

i am jealous of all your most recent posts....a vacation sounds devine!!!!!