Thursday, December 18, 2008

Diva Dances

Adyson's dance recital was pushed back a few months, so they had a little mini recital at a retirement home the other night. It was nothing fancy, jammies-a room full of old people, and lots of super cute kiddos. We weren't really sure what to expect, but it ended up being darling and a lot of fun.
Remember when I would worry sick about Adyson being too shy and too scared?

Things have changed, oh yes, things have changed!

I'm not sure if she really understood what she was supposed to do at first. She sort of just stood there for a minute while the other girls danced, smiling. Then she started to pick it up and was just darling. She really hammed it up and was grinning from ear to ear and exaggerating all of her moves. At the end of the dance (to "I saw mommy kissing Santa Claus), they all had to get down on their knee's and pose, and Adyson made sure she was right in front blowing kisses to the crowd. It was pretty funny to watch her ham it up....I wonder where she gets it?? Afterwards, once again, she asked if she was funny. Maybe we should put her in comedian lessons instead of dance?? Weirdo.

The other girls are quite a bit taller then her and while they were supposed to kneel for part of the dance, Adyson stood, and still was about the same height...she's just so scrawny! Anyways, here are some pics of the Diva doing her thang.

And next time she has told me she simply "must have sparkles in her hair."


I wanted to show this picture my great friend Eileen took of us at the Christmas party. I love that I have a pic of all of us smiling at the camera...it's rare folks. Rare. Thanks Eileen!

6 comments:

Eileen said...

I hope she stays in dance forever! I love dancing daughters. The costumes, the make-up, the sparklies, the rehersals and the old folks homes. LOVE it all!

Love how you cropped the pic.

sherluvya

Michelle said...

I just realized that Adyson smiles just like her mother.

Unknown said...

I wish I could have seen her dance! I can just imagine how she hammed it up!

Kristin @ Navy Bean Lane said...

Oh to have a diva! I really can't even imagine . . . how FUN!

Mandi Moon said...

That is a sweet picture of your family! How cute. And how wierd that Addy would ham it up. And of course she needs sparkles in her hair. She is a Queen. Duh!

The Wolfley Family said...

OH how I wish we could've seen Ady dance? Tell her she's gonna have to do it for us all when we get there. And I can't believe you didn't have sparkles for her hair!
Your family is so beautiful!