Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas Tag

My cute friend Melissa Tagged me this cute Christmas tag.

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate. Hands down.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa loves wrapping paper at our house. Though he does put some of the presents together, but they are usually hidden till all the opening is done.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I love them all, but we always use white lights in our house.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No, but Adyson really wishes we would. Maybe next year?
5. When do you put up your decorations? As early as the boss allows. Usually the day before or the day after Thanksgiving. This day is as fun as Christmas for me!
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? I grew up doing really non traditional Holiday food. We'd eat homemade fajitas, or won tons on Christmas eve. It's always different. I do look forward to cheese balls though, I mean really, who doesn't?
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? This is my funniest memory, I can't pick a favorite! My brother, sister, and I would always sleep in Heather's bedroom upstairs together on Christmas Eve. And each year we would wake up super early, and debate on who would wake up mom and dad. And, shocker, each year it would end up being me. Well, one year, I thought the door to our room was open, and started running into their room, only to find that it was closed. I smacked right into the door.
It did wake them up though, so that's good.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I honestly don't remember.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We grew up opening jammies, and then begging our parents to let us open "just one more". They would always cave and let us open the sibling gifts. And we let our kiddos do this too.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Our upstairs tree has red, silver, and cream snowflakes all over it. Our kitchen trees have red berries, and our basement tree has tin stars, big cream snowflakes, and snowmen plaques on it.
11. Can you ice skate? Yes, we grew up doing it often.
12. Do you remember your favorite gift? I have too many favorites to pick just one.
13. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being with family, teaching my kids all about Christ, sitting by the fire while it snows outside, baking, Christmas music, snuggling on the couch, corny Christmas movies, Christmas parties....you get the idea. I really, really, love this Holiday!
14. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Lorraine's fudge, and mom's Butterballs.
15. What is your favorite holiday tradition? When we were little we HATED this, but each year after we woke up my dad, he would go downstairs before us and light a fire and say "It looks like Santa's been here!". We'd all sit at the top step just listening. Then he'd come upstairs and have a shower before we were allowed to go downstairs and see it all. The anticipation was awful! But Travis and I now enjoy making the kids wait too. He goes downstairs and says the same thing, and the poor kids think they will die while waiting! We have yet to make them wait while he showers though, that's just mean!
16. What tops your tree? Upstairs a snowflake, down a star.
17. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Um, is it wrong if I say both? Just kidding, I really love giving gifts, and really love when you find the perfect gift for someone.
18. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Oh, Holy Night.
19. Do you feel Christmas is too commercialized? Maybe a bit. But I think it's very easy to focus on all of the good this time of year.

No comments: