Monday, August 16, 2010

{Bear Lake}

One of my friends had the brilliant idea to get away and head to Bear Lake for the day. One last summer day before the kids go back to school. She spread the work via facebook, and we had a good turnout, though I do hope that next year we can get the WHOLE neighborhood to come....

It was just what the Dr. ordered for me. The kids just played, all day, without interrupting us while we chatted, ate, and laughed together. The sun was out, but so was a lovely breeze that made the hours pass by in a flash. I'm so thankful to have friends and neighbors here who enjoy each other so much. I desperately needed a day like this!

Sienna was thrilled to be back at the beach, and even happier when she realized how many of her friends were there. Pure joy!
Adyson loves the beach more then anyone else in our little family. She could, and does, spend hours looking for seashells, digging in the sand, and today she made up games for the other kids to play.
This is Miss B. Or as Sienna refers to her "my best friend Miss B!" Poor B gets followed around by Sienna whenever she is around. Sienna laid by her like this for a good half hour, and then followed her around for a while longer. What a great kid she is, and I offered to adopt her today.....
Love this one of the kids after burying cute Miss M. What a fun little crew.
A few snapshots of some of the ladies who joined us.

Dedee
Natalie, Courtney, and Miss A.
Janette
Connie, who will kill me if she finds this is posted on the Internet. Luckily, she NEVER will look...and if she does maybe she will make this her facebook profile...(hahaha!)
Courtney and Erica.
Candace and I
And my favorite shot of the day. Chanelle and Miss A. Can you see how relaxing it was??

6 comments:

KIRSTEN said...

Looks like a fabulous day out!

Eileen said...

What loveliness! I didn't hear about the event til this AM. But that's OK, cuz Lard is not allowed. And I have Lard. Plan on me next year. And maybe I won't have Lard.

The Fluckiger Family said...

I am so glad that you were able to get away and relax for the day. I too, love that the kids can just play without too much attention, so you are able to just sit and do whatever. I definitely could use a few more days like this before summer is over.

Trisha said...

I love your first picture. What kind of camera did you get?

Candace said...

That was just the best day wasn't it? I loved it! Totally what we needed. That was a cute pic of us don't you think?

Kellie said...

Hi.

Hey I just looked through all the photos of you and your fam on Brooke Snow's blog.

So cute!

But what I really want to say is this: you are so beautiful! Just flawless.

Really.