Sunday, January 3, 2010

Christmas Part 2, plus a few extra celebrations!

Now I shall mourn.
Christmas is officially over.
Our trees are even down.
And although I'm totally ready for my house to feel less cluttered, I'm sure gonna miss the warm glow from my trees. Don't you love that?

Anywhoo...here's how it all went down.

Jody and Heather got here and within an hour the kids were already begging to get the party started! The gifts had been calling to them for much to long....

Adyson got the Moxi car she's been wanting for a while....do you think she likes it?

Sienna just LOVES opening gifts. She LOVES everything she gets.....and just wanted to keep opening all night long.



Brielle got a new princess dress, and you must agree she looks just adorable. This little girl has the whole entire family wrapped right around her finger!


Breje, Adyson, and Sienna sporting matching jammies. My little girls are quite proud of this, and Breje is kind enough to amuse them....

It's utter chaos at my moms house with 7 grand kids and grandparents who spoil each and every one of them rotten! (Not to mention their aunts and uncles spoil them a bit too). After they've torn into each gift, it looks like a small tornado has gone through the basement. We clean up, them dump out the garbage bags to look for the small piece that has been thrown out, then we clean up again....then spend a good hour assembling the gifts. The kids had an absolute blast and had so much fun playing with their toys the rest of the weekend. This has been an especially hard year for my parents with my Grandma passing away so quickly before Christmas, but still managed to go the extra mile for us and make sure our Christmas was special. Thanks ma and pa!

My brother Cody's Birthday is Dec. 30, and my nephew Trayson's b-day is Dec. 27th, so we got to fit in a little celebration for them on New Years Eve. Here we are at Texas Roadhouse eating their B-day dinner.

Cody wouldn't ride the saddle.
Party Pooper.
Tray did, reluctantly.

Here's Trav and I a few hours before the ball dropped. Let's all pray for my hair to grow longer with each picture you see of me. (a resolution).All seven of them. I think they are just so grand!Pops made it till 10 on NYE. Seriously, this picture was taken at 9:30. Pathetic? Yes.His cute little granddaughter Sienna made it much. much. later than him. Here she is at 10 and I don't see a sign of tired in her!
And Brielle managed to stay up right along with her. Watching these two together is priceless. They are becoming fast best friends and it is just so precious. They are quite pleased in this picture because Grandma gave them some marshmallows. (I wonder why they stayed up so late? Could it be because they had so much sugar at 10:00 at night?) Thanks Grandma....

Amy and Simon. I'm in love with this little boy and his blue eyes.
New years day we decided to take the kids sledding. It was a bit crazy because Heather's kids were here without snow clothes, and we had a total of 3 sleds for 7 kids. (Totally unprepared!) but we all had so much fun! The snow was falling soft beautiful flakes, and it wasn't too cold making it perfect for sledding, and watching.
Here's the ladies. This was their first time sledding, and just so you know, they are big fans. Huge.Breje' taking Adyson on her last ride.Sienna loved sledding, but she was just happy to be outside in the snow. This kid could live outside in the cold.
I love her. Really, a lot!

Adyson and Daddy. It was so much fun to watch Ads because it's just her nature to be nervous, but she got right on (with a little coaxing) and loved it! All in all it was a lovely weekend, chuck full of family, too much food, and lots of laughs (and coughs...). I am completely ready for a little schedule! Here's wishing you all a wonderful 2010!

6 comments:

Trisha said...

I was thinking how cute your hair was when I saw you last. The color is amazing!

And I love that your dad goes to bed so early.

KIRSTEN said...

Hey girl ... we have the same resolution! It will definitely be one step at a time for me since my hair is only a few inches long, but one day at a time haha!!

Sounds like you all had a GREAT Christmas. It is always sad to take all of the decor down, but if we kept it up year long ... there is no way I would feel the same about it :)

Janalee Hubbard said...

Your family is so much fun, I feel like I know them thanks to your blog. I can't get over the picture of Ady opening the Moxi car. She gives GREAT reactions!

You are wanting to grow your hair and I am wanting to cut mine off. Can you fit me in sometime this week?

Anonymous said...

hot-wallpapers

clrb n ) zo 37

Amy said...

So...first, your camera takes beautiful pics! Seriously! Maybe its just becuase all these kids are so good looking! It certainly was a fun holiday season! We need to go sledding again!

Amber Culp Family said...

Still laughing about the comment about your dad. Glad to see he doesn't change it up too much! Looks like it was a blast as usual!