Sunday, June 15, 2008

Fathers Day Fun

Fathers Day was super nice this year. Adyson said the prayer in primary all by herself, and that seemed to start the day off right. (It's so much fun to watch her grow and become more comfortable and less scared!) Each primary child was asked to bring an old tie to church and they decorated them for their dads. Look how awesome hers turned out....and yes, daddy must wear it to church next week! They also had them fill out surveys about their dads. Adyson said her dad is 8 years old and weighs 27 lbs. What a kid! And I thought it was such a cute idea. (Thanks Nat for always doing so much for the kids!)


If you can't tell, those are feathers, and pom-poms. Sexy.


After church we came home and relaxed for a few hours. Trav watched golf, I napped, Sienna napped...and who knows what Adyson did....And then my family came over here for dinner. I made Chicken club tacos. (My favorite.) Get the recipe here. We let the kids play outside, and let Cody kick our butts in Monopoly. It was a low key and relaxing day.


Trav cookin on his new grill. (That was his fathers day gift.)

Mmmm. Chicken club tacos.The girls telling secrets, while they picnic on the deck.Me and my dad. I tried really hard to get a good pic of us today. We took quite a few, but his eyes were closed in all of them....smooth dad. So he opted for the always classy, hold them open pose. What a goof.I have been pretty blessed with the men in my life. My dad has always taught me right from wrong. He is the smartest person I know, a softy who will cry over everything. He has a huge heart, and couldn't love me, Trav, or the girls more. He is honestly amazing-and I am thankful every day for the way he raised me. I love you pops.


My father-in-law Larry is also pretty amazing. In fact, I didn't think there was anyone like my dad till I met him. They are like 2 peas in a pod. (We celebrated with him last week and I didn't take a pic, I wish I would have!). He is always kind, patient, and loving. And he raised Travis to be the person he is today, so to him I say thank you. I love you Larry!


And Trav. Well, I couldn't love him more! Daily I thank my Father in Heaven for him. I know that he is going through so much right now physically. I know he comes home after working all day to provide for us completely exhausted and totally worn out, but he always finds time for a horsey ride with the girls. They adore him, and they should adore him, because he loves them more than they will ever know. And he is pretty dang good to me too. So Trav, Happy Fathers Day. I. Love. You.

21 comments:

Amy Johnson said...

We did have a fun night! I must say I also love your dad so much! It's a good thing I do because Cody is just like him! He is such a good man! I love his tender heart!

Quinn and Melanie said...

I am glad you had such a great day. I am sick of you being such a great cook... you make me look like a pile of shiz...oh well. Maybe one day you can give me a lesson. I love Travis' tie. I sure hope he wears that to church!!! Cute family. :)

Janette said...

I love the tie, what a cute idea. Love the pics with your dad, too cute!

Kristin @ Navy Bean Lane said...

Sounds like a great day! I've tried your other recipes and loved them . . . in fact i have some chocolate balls in the fridge right now. I'll be sure to try your taco's this week!

Natelli Johnston said...

hey there! I read your tag and I love coke too and am addicted to blogging. I have a few book recommendations, 1st of all, I love a good love story so most things I read are just that, a good love story, THese is my words is really good and so is a trilogy called the seven waters trilogy, the first book is called Daughter of the Forest, by Juliet Marriler, Don't judge this book by it's cover, it has an awesome love story, I could not put them down, but they take about a hundred pages to get into. Also a book called, Queen of Camelot is really good and is beautifully written. HAve you read, The sweet far thing? sorry for the novel comment.

tina said...

I totally dig the tie!

Letti said...

What a fun relaxing day. I am going to have to try those tacos they look delicious.

Lance and Mandy said...

CUTE FATHERS!!! The funny face was awesome and I love the modeling of the tie. I love to hear the junior primary give talks and prayers. They are so pure and sweet.

Courtney McKay said...

Love the tie! Cute idea from Natalie! I take it Travis loved his grill. Your tacos looked awesome! Yum!! It is making me hungry right now.

Hayley said...

Natalie,
I love the novel comment! I have a hug list of books to read right now and these is my words and the sweet far thing are both on it, but I haven't heard of the others. Did you read the sequels to these is my words?

KIRSTEN said...

Your dad is a cute ol'man. Long times ago ... I can remember him always watching his blue and white truck :) As for your husband, he sounds like an extraordinary person. Hang in there. For all of the tuff stuff life likes to throw at us, even more great seems to follow. It is GREAT to hear from you. Keep the comments coming!!

Bre said...

What a great post, I LOVE the tie idea, that is super cute! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun:)

p.s. Thanks for the invite to eat, I dont usually work wed. so it would have been perfect, but I am covering for someone this week, and dont think I could go eat and be away from my kids after a 10 hour day. Thanks though:) Im sad I will miss out again.

Melissa Hernandez said...

what a cute idea with the ties, I love it!!! And that picture of you and your dad with his eyes OPEN is super hysterical! I'm gonna have to try those club tacos, those sounds delic!

Trisha said...

I love seeing your dad and he really is all those things! I'm almost settled and then you can come and see us!

Haueter Photography said...

You guys have been up to lots of fun! Your chicken wrap recipe sounds yummy. I can't wait to try it. And, have i mentioned how cute your girls are!!!

Heidi Kjar said...

That tie your husband has on- I remember those from primary! I haven't seen those forever! I love it. The pom poms and feather's are even better:). I don't think we went that all out when I was in primary making those.

Katie Davis said...

I have been laughing since sunday when you told me Sienna was calling jack 'jacket.' That nickname just might stick! It was fun to see you, not so fun to speak, but thanks for trying to get me out of it! I really do love the hair- color and cut. You look beautiful. I love reading your posts about your cute family. BTW- you ever get bored, you know my mom lives close and I practically live there! Hint!

The Wolfley Family said...

I just love the tie! Cute pics of you and Dad too!

brandi said...

Thanks so much for sharing all your yummy recipes. Love the tie too!

Ashley Mae McKnight said...

Cute pic of Travis in the tie! Lol- you always do the cutest posts. Your Dad looks like a Hoot- I love it.

Jill said...

Where did you get the wraps for the tacos? I cannot find them.