Sunday, November 15, 2009

Tired, incoherent rambling.

Does this picture just break your heart? It does mine.
Seriously, it does.
The last few days Sienna has wet her pants a bunch of times, and just hasn't been able to make it to the bathroom in time. She's been potty trained for a good year and half, and I could tell this wasn't just regression, but something was wrong. We thought maybe she had a UTI, so Travis took her to instacare this morning while I got Adyson ready for church.
After taking a urine sample, and drawing blood, they decided that our little sweetie may have Diabetes. So we were off to the hospital for some more testing, and an IV. Just add one more thing to our list of medical calmaties...
Sienna was a trooper today. She was so very brave, without crying when they pricked her finger (twice), and holding good and still while they stuck an IV in her. The Doctor and nurses there were in awe of her, and she charmed them. (doesn't she charm everyone?)
Now mom and dad, well, we weren't so brave. It's an awful, awful thing to see your kiddo stuck in bed with an IV. It's terrible to have to picture her battling a disease like this. I just thought of my sweet friend Lacey who's daughter is battling cancer right now, and realized that I will never understand how much pain she must be in. I had to witness that for a day, and it just about killed me....
When we first got there today the Doctor told us that she does in fact have diabetes, and that she would have to be admitted till they could get her under control, but after running all the tests, they aren't %100 sure, and we have to go back tomorrow for more tests.
I'm just hoping and praying that it turns out just to be hypoglycemia, and something we can control with her diet.
Would you like to say a little prayer tonight for her? Please and thank you.
I will update when we know more. Then maybe we will start an albinism blog, a diabetes blog, to add to our cancer blog....(we are a family full of fun genes aren't we?)
On to something funner. Sound good?
The other day my friend Sophia was selling her daughters play kitchen via her blog. I saw it, and knew it would be a perfect fit for my ladies play room. And it so is! The girls have spent hours playing restaraunt.

Cute fit, huh?
And just because I want to leave you with a smile, here are some pics of the diva's all ready for church last week. Aren't they lovely?
Adyson had curlers in her hair the night before, and was soooo excited about her curls. Such a beauty she is!

13 comments:

Nate and Tasha said...

It does break my heart to see that poor little Sienna. I am so sorry, I do hope it is hyperglycemia instead. I think you guys will definitely need to head over this way for a break soon. Give me a call when it gets closer :)
My prayers are with you...

Shelly Traveller said...

Bless her heart! And yours! I can't think of many things worse then seeing your baby in a hospital bed. I hope it turns out for the best! Will be thinking and praying for your sweet little Sienna!

Darin and Joanna said...

I'm so sorry! I hope good news comes your way! Hang in there!

Kellie said...

Oh, I sure hope it's not diabetes! I'm sorry that you have to go through this...you guys deserve a break.

BTW, cute bedroom and cute girls!

Mortons Love said...

My heart is breaking to see her with a little gown on and an IV. I honestly hope and pray for the best!

I totally didn't mean to ignore your invite the other week. We were all sick (flu). When your life feels adjusted, we'll do it then.

Justin & Ashlee said...

What a cute little play room. The kitchen is a perfect fit :) Our thoughts and prayers are with you these next few days!

Niki said...

Our prayers are with you, you know that we are all just a phone call away, let us know if you guys need anything. Love you guys-

Jill said...

oh my goodness the poor little thing. I feel so sad for her. Good luck with everything.

Tianne said...

That is a sad picture indeed. However, the good thing about diabetes (if that is what it is) it is treatable. And I know you can manage it :)

Maegan said...

I am sorry Hayley! That stinks, I hope everything works out for the best. My little one had to have blood tests and many other things when he was 6 months old, it is no fun indeed. Good Luck!

Haylee Munk Brown said...

You know, I am pregnant and emotional, and this sent me over the edge!! Poor little thing!!! Diabetes runs in my family so I know how it is to have to deal with that. My little sister that just had her baby has diabetes as well. I am so sorry, keep us posted on how she is doing!!!

Trisha said...

You are killing me girl! I can't believe all the medical stuff going on in your little family...please let me know if I can do anything!

KIRSTEN said...

Couldn't help but notice how organized your cute, little playroom looks! Where did you get the long pink thing hanging from the ceiling?