Saturday, November 1, 2008

Phew!

WARNING: Lot's of Re-cap, Lot's of pics!

It has been a crazy busy week! We have had lots of fun, lots of candy, and not a lot of sleep. I for one, am welcoming a "normal" week next week.

We woke up Halloween morning, and started getting ready for the festivities. I got Sienna all dressed in her Witch costume, and then scrambled to put together a cute costume for Adyson. (Her wig just itched too much...). In the end a neighbor ended up lending us this beautiful butterfly costume, which was right up her alley. (Amy, if you are reading this, thank you!) Have I mentioned how much we love our neighbors?
Notice her slippers? I told her she could pick the shoes. Enough said.
After we got dressed up we met up with Amy to go to Grandmas school and Great Gram's house to Trick or Treat.
At Great Grams, Isn't my grandma darling in her witch costume? Then we were off to Trav's work to go Trick or Treating.

I'm telling you, by the time we got home the buckets were chuck full, but that didn't stop us from letting them experience going door to door.
And while I'm on the subject of Door to door Trick-or-Treating, let me just add that I love my neighborhood at Halloween! It is just chuck full of people, just like I remember from when I was a kid. We ran out of the 6 bags of candy I bought before 8, (and stole from our kids buckets to fill the void...)
Sienna was a fan. She ran ahead of everyone and had to be the one to knock on the door. She could've gone all night, but Adyson was getting tired...
A favorite moment of the night is when my oldest friend (I mean old as in longest), Brittney stopped by with her girls who are just darling. It was so great to visit with her, and see her girls. I only wish she lived closer so the girls could be great friends growing up like we were!

It was a great Halloween, but I am glad it's over. I'm already excited for Christmas, and all the excitement that comes with it.

Today we opted to play catch-up on the yard work we have been neglecting. We weeded some, fixed the sprinklers, dead-headed, and mowed half the lawn before the dang mower broke, (we're not thrilled about that...), then decided to rake the leaves. Oh goodness the girls LOVED this. We put the pile on the hill, and they had such a great time rolling down it through the leaves.
Here is a pic of the girls "helping." And yes, they hit each other accidentally with the brooms more than once.Sienna-a little unsure...

Sienna-Liking it.Sienna-Loving it.
Adyson just loved it the whole time!
Oh to be young again!

18 comments:

Taneill said...

I love pictures of kids playing in the leaves. It just makes you realize how truly easy it is to be happy.

Hiatts said...

I just love fall!! Sometimes I wish I could be a kid again and jsut play in the leaves!

Payne Family said...

I love leaf pictures they are so fun. I am so sad that Hannah had an itchy head:( The costumes turned out adorable.) I love trick or treating door to door that it the only way to go.
Oh my heck is that Brittnay(Otte)? I remember her from the good ole ICON days. Loved her. If you see her again tell her hi for me.

Jill said...

The girls are so cute! Adyson's hair is amazing, of course. I also went to Icon but just went to Matt's department this year. It's a lot of walking ya know?
Love the leaf pictures, sorry about the lawn mower. :(

Dustin and Shelli Chambers said...

Your girls looked so beautiful, aren't girl costumes fun? I'm glad we aren't into wanting scary ones yet...oh, and jealous of your leaves (purely for photo op's sake).

Amy Johnson said...

So fun!!! I love the leaves pics!!!

Kristen said...

I wanna come and be a kid at your house. Can I? Can I? Can I?

Eileen said...

Seriously love Ady's Halloween hair-do. And I LOVED Sienna's little piggys on Sunday (I meant to tell you). Those girls are so lucky to have a hair-dresser mom. You should have seen the things my mom did to my hair when I was a child. If you don't believe me, just look at my school pictures! DON'T look at my school pictures!!!

Bre said...

It was a crazy week, but I still look forward to next year:) I love the fall leave photos, every single leaf pile we found out trick or treating my kids wanted to run through. We dont have that many leaves to rake so they are kinda bummed:0

Katie Davis said...

Oh, they are so cute! And I LOVE your new do- can you give me bangs like that? That's what I want. (Yes, still needing that haircut!) Love the leaf pictures. Jack would've been in heaven. His fave thing is raking and crunching in leaves.

The Wolfley Family said...

The girls look gorgeous as ever! The leaves pictures definatley made me wish I was young again!

Haylee Munk Brown said...

The girls look great, and it is fun to see Brittney! I have not seen her in many years!!! She looks great! And how much fun did your girls have in the leaves!! Priceless!!

Tiffany said...

Oh I love the girls! I look at the pictures and I just want to give them the biggest hugs. Since I am not there will you do it for me Hay. Love Ya tons!!!

Mommamort said...

What a busy but fun Halloween. Your girls look darling in their costumes.

Morrells said...

What some cute costumes! Addy looked beautiful! Love the leaf pics!

Mortons Love said...

Looks like fun, but I agree... A normal weeks sounds good.

Guymon Family said...

How fun! Isn't it awesome to be able to relive those favorite childhool memories through our kids. I just knew when I drove by you guys raking leaves it was sure to end up on your blog. Your girls were having way too much fun! Raking leaves always reminds me of when we lived in Sugarhouse and had HUGE trees. Every year we raked up about 40 bags of leaves, needless to say it stopped being fun!

Haueter Photography said...

Cute, cute pictures. I just think that you are the best mom. I love reading your blog!